1) As MS is kept increasing number of option while installation. To reduce no. of click, if setup pass Rules it will automatically moves to Next window.
2) On Server Configuration page, MS specifically ask to GRANT PERFORM VOLUME MAINTENANCE TASK permission to service account. SQL Services needs this access to perform instant file initialization for data files instead of zero file initialization. (For information read – https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms175935)
3) 2 New Tabs in Database Engine Configuration page. One is TempDB configuration & other is User Instance feature.
4) Separate Acceptance page for Microsoft R.
Step by Step Installation :-
1. Setup Page, Choose First option
2. Setup checks for Global Rules and moves to next page, if all rules passed
3. Option to choose, if you want setup to download latest update and install
4. Initial Setup files installed
5. Check for installation rules and moves to next page, if all rules passed
6. Accept terms and condition, Click to Next
7. Select features you want to install
8. Check feature rule and moves to next page, if all rules passed
9. Select Instance name
10. Specify service accounts, you can also select collation from collation tab.
Here, MS specifically ask to GRANT PERFORM VOLUME MAINTENANCE TASK permission to service account. (For information read – https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms175935)
11. Select Authentication type
12. Select Data Directories
13. New Tab introduced to provide TempDB configuration at time of installation only
14. New Tab introduced for “User Instance” feature. Although, MS marked this feature to be removed. After this special tab, It seems MS changed his mind.
Refer – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143684
15. Option to enable FileStream
16. Option for SSRS installation and configuration
17. New Page added for Microsoft R acceptance
18. Installation on the way
19. Installation Completed Successfully
Reference: Rohit Garg (http://mssqlfun.com/)
You can find and follow MSSQLFUN:-
Other Linked Profiles :-