RDBMS means Relations Database Management System. RDBMS is one of the DBMS types where data is stored in 2 dimension structures called “Table”. RDBMS stores data in table format with rows and columns relations.
Types of DBMS:-
- Hierarchical DBMS
- Network DBMS
- Relational DBMS
- Object-Oriented DBMS
We have multiple RDBMS available products in the market
- SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is RDBMS developed by Microsoft, It’s a 30 years old product and drives through an endless list of changes and features. Microsoft releases SQL Server V1.0 in the 1989 16-bit server for OS/2 and keeps upgrading SQL Server with upcoming technologies and market requirements.
Major Milestones in SQL Server Deployment:-
- 1989 – SQL Server 1.0 – Result of Microsoft and Sybase to develop RDBMS product on OS/2
- 1993 – SQL Server 4.2 – First release of SQL Server over Windows NT
- 1995 – SQL Server 6.0 – End of Microsoft and Sybase Collaboration, both are free to develop their product
- 1998 – SQL Server 7.0 – First release after code conversion from C to C++
- 2005 – SQL Server 2005 – First release with 100% Microsoft code and Bye Bye to Sybase Code
- 2014 – SQL Server Azure – Launch SQL Server Cloud Database
- 2017 – SQL Server 2017 – Addition of Linux Platform support
I am fortunate enough to be working from SQL Server 7.0 and witness of all changes and efforts of Microsoft in this area.
Find this on our YouTube Channel Decode ITES: https://youtu.be/qbgT7yBY-Uw
Reference: Rohit Garg (http://mssqlfun.com/)
You can find and follow MSSQLFUN:-
Other Linked Profiles:-