Error : Database backup is getting fail with below reason.
The backup of full-text catalog ‘FullTextCatalog’ is not permitted because it is not online. Check errorlog file for the reason that full-text catalog becomes offline and bring it online. Or BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data.
Cause : This behavior occurs because a full-text catalog in the database is not online. To perform a full backup, SQL Server 2005 requires all the database files and full-text catalogs in the database to be online.
Possible Reason : The database is attached from somewhere. However, you specify the incorrect location for the full-text catalog folder during the attachment.
Solution 1 (If FTS files are available but SQL server showing offline):
1. Locate the folder that contains the files for the problematic full-text catalog.
2. Run the ALTER DATABASE statement. Specify in the statement the correct location for the full-text catalog.
3. Rebuild the problematic full-text catalog in the database.
4. Perform a full backup of the database in SQL Server 2005 again.
Solution 2 (If FTS files are not available):
1. Detach database & attach again with all MDF, NDF, LDF & FTS files.
Web Reference :
If you liked this post, do like on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mssqlfun
Reference : Rohit Garg (http://mssqlfun.com/)